This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  prime 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

PKrawczynski88
    Participant

Hello
    I’ve just started with unity and 2d toolkit, so far Im understanding that Rain operate on xz axis while newest 2d update in unity (and 2d toolkit) operates on xy axis so technically it is possible to make pathfinding working but it does require some additional work (I dont entirely understand how to change planes, generate navmesh and then reset planes or however it should be done honestly), BUT i’ve seen somewhere that it is planned soon to have a lot easier support for 2d in Rain. Something about 3rd december.

Should I start figuring out workarounds or just wait? It just seems to good to be true

Cheers.

prime
    Keymaster

There aren’t any near term RAIN updates planned that will help with 2D. Those updates will be coming next year.

PKrawczynski88
    Participant

Oh okay it looks like ive totally really misunderstood that topic now that im reading it once again
    http://rivaltheory.com/forums/topic/upcoming-change-to-rain-movement/

Dang, thats harsh. Not sure where I will find good 2d pathfinding replacement.

prime
    Keymaster

Y- sorry we don’t have a better answer for you. Solving this problem well is a pretty large change in RAIN and trying to rush it would create more problems than it fixes.

PKrawczynski88
    Participant

No, no, thats okay, thanks for taking your time to write a message back.
    I come from software development background myself so I have idea that changing even simplest (as it appears to someone that isnt coding on project) feature might have terrible implications.

One question though - at what quarter roughly we are looking into in 2014?

PKrawczynski88
    Participant

Well maybe additional question - do you have maybe any ideas how I could use Rain with how toolkit2d operates on coordinates?

Gorgor
    Participant

I would also appreciate VERY much the possibility to use RAIN with native Unity 2D. Unity 2D tools seems like great way to make 2D games.. but not be able to use RAIN is a big drawback:(

Feddas
    Participant

Just posting to show additional interest in 2D support coming in RAIN.

TFT
    Participant

Let me just express additional interest in a (x/y) 2D RAIN AI.

prime
    Keymaster

Thanks for the post. We’re trying hard to figure out how to get that change into the schedule.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.