News Forums RAIN General Discussion and Troubleshooting Property not available - Move Target

Tagged: 

This topic contains 35 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Swizzly 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author

zcoldrick
    Participant

I too am struggling with this. I cannot work out what needs to be in quotes and what doesn’t.

If I have a waypoint patrol setup with a move node as its child.

I have added “Waypoint Route” to the waypoint patrol node and moveTarget (no quotes) at its move Target Variable.

on the child move node I have the move target set to moveTarget (no quotes).

This setup just causes my character to walk around and around on the spot. I’ve added a movement control the the character and if I try to move it away it just moves back to the same spot which is not one of the way points.

Any ideas?

keyboardcowboy
    Participant

Hi, I’m new to RAIN. I have experienced this same issue with the latest version. I did what luxeayor did to resolve; sure enough, it works. I’m wondering if a solution has been found; this sounds like a bug within RAIN.

keyboardcowboy
    Participant

Hmmm..I don’t see a way to edit my post

After, searching around the forums, I see that making the move node a child of the waypoints node is now the proper way of doing things. So, disregard my post :)

zcoldrick
    Participant

I am still unable to get the capsule tutorial to move even with making it a child of the waypointpatrol node and switching it to repeat never. Something is a miss, anyone got a new tutorial or step by step guide out because its really hard when all info relating to this is from a previous version that bears only passing resemblance to the new menu.

zcoldrick
    Participant

After downloading luxeayor’s test project and altering mine accordingly it started working. I renamed the “Waypoint route” game object, not sure if that had an impact. The bit where it is most unclear is what the moveTarget and move target variables are and how they are linked.

At least it is working now so I’ve got something to build on. Great work creating this and making it Free!

Swizzly
    Participant

You uploaded this project: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66953215/Non-Working%20RAIN.zip

Just set “move” as a child of “waypointpatrol” and set BOTH to “repeat: never”. Then it’s working!!

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.