News Forums RAIN Sample Projects, How To, and Code Part 1: Get Started With RAIN 2.0.10 Video Walkthrough

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  TokyoDan 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

CodersExpo
    Participant

In this first video, we work with RAIN AIRig, Navigation Mesh, Patrol Waypoint and the Behavior Tree, to create a simple patrol behavior. These are the very fundamental building blocks of RAIN AI.

Please post here with any questions or issues. This is just the beginning of a complete series that is intended to bring information you learn in the forum, Wiki and API together. Enjoy!

Download the project file for the first 4 “Getting Started With RAIN 2.0.10” video walkthroughs. Also be sure to read up on the Wiki for more specific detail and other examples.

Sample Project

Part 1: Get Started With RAIN 2.0.10 Video Walkthrough

Part 2: Get Started With RAIN 2.0.10 Video Walkthrough

Part 3: Get Started With RAIN 2.0.10 Video Walkthrough

Part 4: Get Started With RAIN 2.0.10 Video Walkthrough

razormax
    Participant

Hi,

The download doesn’t complete for me. It always stops midway. Is there any other way to get it. This is happening for all the downloads on this site for me.

Thanks

CodersExpo
    Participant

Hmmm. Sorry about that. I just tried and had no issue. I’m using IE10. Email Jester and I’ll bet he can hook you up.

CloudController
    Participant

Can we get more parts ?

mrdarklight
    Participant

Why does it says the video is private? I was right in the middle of this.

prime
    Keymaster

I’ll check. We may have pulled the videos because they are out of date and causing too many support issues. There should be a new version of the starter kit hitting the site within a few days that gives up to date examples for RAIN. I’ll ask Jester to post back with links to the most recent tutorials available.

Jester
    Keymaster

Hello @mrdarklight ! Prime is right, we had to pull the videos because they are very out of date and would end up teaching you material that would do more harm than good.

Here is the link to the most recent tutorials for RAIN 2.1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuaBBCL5PSs

And here is a link to our Starter Kit page with some RAIN examples. http://rivaltheory.com/community/tutorials/

In a few days we will have new up-to-date examples of creating behavior with RAIN and a new Mecanim + RAIN scene.

Let me know if there is anything I can help with in the meantime.
    Talk to you soon!

Mad_Mark
    Participant

Every time I select Assets-> Import Custom PAckage, and select the starterkit, I get errors stating that there are already global definitions for 3 ActiveTemplates and DecisionTempaltes (CS, JS, & BOO).

What am I doing wrong?

Mark

TokyoDan
    Participant

why are these videos private?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.