News Forums RAIN General Discussion and Troubleshooting Behavior Tree Unity Crash

This topic contains 19 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  prime 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Ignis
    Participant

Hello I am new to RAIN. It looks like a great platform and I can’t wait to get started, however, whenever I drag a newly created behavior tree into the behavior tree property on the Mind section of the AIRig component, Unity crashes and the two exceptions below are thrown.

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/2m47rzo.png[/IMG]

Ignis
    Participant

Image Retry

prime
    Keymaster

Does that happen every time, or just once? What version of Unity are you running?

Ignis
    Participant

It happens everytime. I am using the 4.2.2 build which is the latest as of right now.

prime
    Keymaster

Hmm. Does your behavior tree use tree bindings?

Ignis
    Participant

No it does not. It is a simple tree with just a root selector node. I am using Unity Pro as well. I don’t know if that helps you or not. Is there anything else I could get you that would help you debug this with me?

prime
    Keymaster

Would it be possible for you to send us the project that this is crashing on? We’re unable to reproduce the crash - and its something we’ve tested probably thousands of times, so it must just be something unusual about the setup that we haven’t seen before, or a strange state that Unity has gotten itself into.

Ignis
    Participant

The project is rather large, but here is the stack trace for the first exception. Looks like it is coming from RAINBasicMindEditor.DrawInspector method in the dll arising out of the RAINComponentEditor.OnInspectorGUI “filename unknown”.

Stack Trace

Ignis
    Participant

I tried removing RAIN from the project entirely, and re-importing, but the issue is still there whenever I click on the Behavior Tree Asset property selector, those exceptions are thrown and no trees show up in the finder. When I drag a behavior tree to the property on the AIRig then Unity crashes.

prime
    Keymaster

Unfortunately, some issue with the forums is keeping me from seeing the stack trace. Can you cut and paste the text out of the unity editor console?

Thanks

Ignis
    Participant

Here is the url to the image on tinypic

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1e97pu&s=5#.UmvyYZSG09w

prime
    Keymaster

For clarification, when you say Unity “crashes” do you mean that it exits completely and gives you the crash log window, or do you mean that the drag and drop fails and you see the errors in the console?

Ignis
    Participant

It gives the crash log window and then becomes unresponsive. This happens about a second or two after the drag and drop.

The errors come up in the console if I click on the selector to the right of the drag and drop portion of the property. Then the finder comes up and shows no possible behavior trees to select, even though I have made a few with the editor.

Maskawanian
    Participant

I’m experiencing the same thing, here is a video of it happening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZIjmRYHEjY

Specifically it seems if I drag a node outside the behaviour tree window it crashes.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Maskawanian.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Maskawanian.

prime
    Keymaster

Ahh… OK. Thanks @Ignis and @Maskawanian. We’ll see if we can get that fixed. That’s a pretty harsh exception being thrown.

In the meantime, the workaround is… don’t do that.

You should drag the BTAsset - which is an Asset that shows up in your Project tab under AI/BehaviorTrees - onto the Behavior Tree field of the Mind. You don’t want to drag and drop out of the editor.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.