NEW RAIN 2.1 Launch Review
Today we launch the latest version of RAIN, the development tools of the Sentio Platform. This version of RAIN is the most streamlined, optimized, and beautiful version to date. Even if RAIN’s looks are the first feature you notice— the massive improvements to our wiki documentation and new Getting Started tutorials will help you dig deep into everything RAIN has to offer.
Below is the details release notes about the newest version of RAIN.
RAIN 2.1 Release Notes
- Wiki documentation has been significantly upgraded. Click on the red question mark symbol in any RAIN Editor and you will be linked to relevant help from the wiki.
- Numerous performance improvements throughout RAIN.
- - Reduced GC time
- - Improved pathfinding speed
- - Improved memory access speed
- - Improved expression evaluation speed
- Tree binding subtrees are now visible in the Behavior Tree editor when a “Current AI” is selected.
- Added support for dragging/moving list items in RAIN Editor windows
- Improved color choosers and visualization toggles throughout the RAIN Editor
- Behavior tree editor now indicates the last return value of each node during debugging
- Added damping time to Mecanim Motor parameters
- Added code support for enumerating Custom Elements on the AI
- MoveLookTarget positions are now displayed in AI memory, making movement debugging easier
- Behavior Trees may now be placed in subfolders within the Behavior Tree folder structure. This helps organize large collections of behaviors.
- Move action will now return success or failure based only on movement, not on facing, when both face and move targets are indicated.
- Misc. API changes. See code comments and API docs for details.
- Mecanim Motor UI cleaned up, now only shows parameters in use.
- Navigation Target range is now used as a close enough distance when moving to the target
- Behavior Tree nodes are now placed inline when added through the Behavior Tree editor, rather than at the end of the current container node.
- gameobject(“objectname”), navigationtarget(“targetname”), and waypoints(“waypoint route/network name”) as functions usable in Expressions.
- Fixed bugs with Expression evaluation
- Fixed unary operators not parsing correctly in Expressions
- Fixed an issue with waypoint patrol routes not resuming properly after interruption
- Fixed an issue with jitter when using both Move and Face targets simultaneously
- Fix for importing behavior tree XML (was not saving).
- Removed check for incorrect animations as it won’t compile for WP8.
- Fix for close enough distance (on Move node) not being used in some cases.
- Misc. editor fixes and stabilization
Stay up to speed with news, new feature releases, and exclusive content.