News Forums Sentio Characters General Discussion and Troubleshooting What's wrong with my setup?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  hermie 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

hermie
    Participant

I am trying to let my zombie do the same as the Minotaur.

I have posted a video here:

http://youtu.be/_F_FKqheXuM

To me, the setup looks about the same.

What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks.

hermie
    Participant

I don’t want to sound offending, but most top asset producers like Opsive reply within a few hours.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  hermie.

joehes
    Participant

I second that. Just get commercial to have more time to respond to crazy users like us! :-)

prime
    Keymaster

It’s hard to tell what’s wrong from the video. It does look like the sensor is not mounted correctly (doesn’t seem to be centered on the zombie). Outside of that - there could be many things. The Minotaur behavior tree is set to assume the character can use a weapon. It also assumes specific animation states. Does everything match?

hermie
    Participant

I have noticed that I have an error.
    But I am unable to solve this problem.
    I even added a Damage Message Receiver to my character (although the Minotaur does not have one) because I thought it was required, but that did not change anything.

Can you help me to get rid of this error first?
    Thank you.

hermie
    Participant

Here is the link to the full blown image:

http://s27.postimg.org/z4njj9eur/health1.jpg

prime
    Keymaster

Adding your own Damage Message Receiver doesn’t help. The line of code that is failing is actually part of a chunk of code attempting to destroy any such components you add.

If line 61 is failing, it would be because either AI is null or AI.Body is null. I’m going to guess AI.Body is null, which would mean that your AIRig does not have the Body set properly. Did you create your setup by copying the AIRig directly from the minotaur? If so, you’ll need to go back and reset the AI Body and the mount points for the Sensor. You will also need to go through and add colliders and other components related to damage dealing, sound effects, footsteps, etc.

The Sentio characters weren’t really designed to be easily re-rigged onto custom characters. We’ve looked into adding that capability, but it requires a lot of work on our part and we haven’t seen enough demand yet.

hermie
    Participant

Thank you. I got it. I simply inserted the ZombiePrefab in the AI body. I didn’t notice that this slot exists.

I would strongly suggest making more characters like the Minotaur that all have different behaviours.
    That would be the bomb on the AssetStore!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.