News Forums RAIN General Discussion and Troubleshooting Visual Behavior Tree Debugging

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  RodentGames 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

RodentGames
    Participant

I’m just wondering if this feature is not enabled currently or I’m missing something in my set up. I have no context menu to turn on debugging and selecting the AI on the GameObject while looking at the behavior tree is not letting me see where the mind is at.

Aaron Mueller
    Participant

This one baffled me a bit at first as I thought something was broken (or maybe I didn’t read the note).
    -
    In the Hierarchy view of your existing scene, select the top level of the NPC (Basically the parent gameobject above the AIrig).
    -
    To see the running status of the Behavior Tree, open the Behavior Tree Editor and make sure that the drop down menu is set to the “Currently AI(“Selected AI”), where “Selected AI” will be the name of the gameobject representing your AI/NPC.

RodentGames
    Participant

Ah hah! I missed this completely, I even used “Open Behavior Tree” from the AI mind. The problem was that I already had the editor open and it didnt switch to the Current AI version. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.