News Forums RAIN General Discussion and Troubleshooting Unity 5.1 and RAIN

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  VLunarFangV 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Sigil
    Keymaster

If you recently upgraded Unity to 5.1 and started experiencing issues with RAIN, double check your version in RAIN -> Help -> About and make sure you are running RAIN 2.1.11 or greater. There was a significant API change in Unity that pretty much breaks RAIN 2.1.10 and below in Unity 5.1.

You can get the latest RAIN on our download page or at the Unity Asset Store.

Also I just discovered a mistake with our updating, so the menu updater should be working again as well if that is the way you prefer to update.

Thanks, and sorry for the trouble.

Mad_Mark
    Participant

Dude,

I just tried using RAIN for the first time today. Asset Store shows I have the most current version 2.1.11.0
    Help-> About shows 2.0.10.2399
    Updates says no updates available.
    Downloaded the latest from your site and imported it.
    NO CHANGE!

I get a TON of errors, and can’t do a thing. When I closed my project and re-opened it, I lost my hierarchy.
    Whaddo I do? :0
    Mark
    -[ EDIT ]-
    I just deleted all of the RAIN assets, created a new project, and imported RAIN. 2.1.11.0.
    Re-opened my project and did the same. 2.1.11.0. Hope things go smoother now. LoL

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by  Mad_Mark.

Sigil
    Keymaster

Ahhh, 2.0.10 is quite awhile ago, probably some hiccups in updating it that far back. The updating has gotten quite a bit smoother in the latest versions.

Wolfo
    Participant

Why was my post removed?

Sigil
    Keymaster

Not removed -> moved, to it’s own thread.

Wolfo
    Participant

Oh alright, I got no warning so I thought it was removed.

VLunarFangV
    Participant

Would this explain why it takes a very long time to load runtime?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.