News Forums RAIN General Discussion and Troubleshooting Toying with ideas in RAIN

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  prime 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

prime
    Keymaster

Hi all.

I’m constantly toying with new ideas in RAIN. Often times the ideas come out of recurring situations I find myself in while writing behaviors. For example, I’ve often needed a way to invert the result of a behavior tree node. Or cause a node to run only one time ever. Or create a sequencer that can be interrupted and resumed.

I usually solve these problems with custom code. When I can, I solve them in generic ways so I can re-use them, and in some cases the solutions become part of the RAIN product. The new Custom Decision node has turned out to be a real boon for solving common problems. All of the issues I listed above can be resolved with very simple Custom Decisions.

If you are running into recurring issues or common scenarios that require special solutions, please let me know. I’d love to hear about them, and others here on the forums probably would too. Whenever possible I’m happy to provide advice on how we’ve solved similar issues. Sometimes I can provide code to help you out.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.