News Forums Sentio Characters General Discussion and Troubleshooting support help with Necromancer

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MangeyD 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

MangeyD
    Participant

Hi I am loving the Necromancer… but I have a support question as I badly need some help with him.

I have an environment where I had to scale him up quite a lot and then I had to adjust all my values such as sensing range and spell attack range.
    My problem is that I cannot go past 50 for spell attack range and that is just not far enough and he can only attack with his spells when I am way too close… and when I stand back the fireballs don’t reach.

Where can I change this max limit value so I can put higher values for Spell attack range.

Thx in advance for your help with this

MangeyD
    Participant

well I think this question is not correct sorry… I have been reading the docs and it would appear that spell attack range is not how far the spells travel, but how far away before he will attack with spells.

I think my issue is with the animation for the spells. Because of the larger scale of the environment the fireball is just travelling less distance. I will have to keep that in mind for when I am creating other environments for him…. and if I want him to work in this one I will have to look into an alternative animation for the fireballs that travels further.

EDIT
    Enjoying learning and I have realised that I think I can probably make the fireball travel further by tweaking values in the FireballController script… wish me luck!!

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  MangeyD.

MangeyD
    Participant

Well what I have done is probably a major fudge cos I didn’t really understand the math well enough… but I figured I needed to extend the time it took for _lifetime to become 0 (or less)

so I changed this
    _lifetime -= Time.deltaTime;

TO

_lifetime -= Time.deltaTime*-2;

and it seems to do what I want and the fireball is cast further and still explodes… unlike some of my attempts which saw the fireballs hitting my player character and just sitting there not ever exploding.

So for now question answered and problem solved unless someone can tell me a more controllable and elegant way to do what I wanted

prime
    Keymaster

Make sure you look at the ThrowFireball method in the RangedAttackElement. You can mess with the fireball speed in that element, and the _currentFireball.ThrowFireball calls take a maximum lifetime as well (if the fireballs are exploding too early.)

prime
    Keymaster

You are probably better off changing things there rather than in the FireballController.

MangeyD
    Participant

Thanks for that,
    I will get a chance later today to look at this again and will see if I can make the changes there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.