News Forums RAIN General Discussion and Troubleshooting Setting the sensor range in RAIN 2

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  RyanMitchellGames 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Drum
    Participant

Hi, I’m probably missing the obvious, but how does one set the sensor range in RAIN 2? I only have options for the horizontal and vertical angles, but nothing for range. For that matter, how does one size the AI generally?

• This topic was modified 1 year ago by  Drum.

Drum
    Participant

No worries, I found it :)

CodersExpo
    Participant

Cool good job! For others with the same question, you have to get the ai sensor and cast it to the type it is. This example gets the visual sensor by name.

((RAIN.Perception.Sensors.VisualSensor)ai.Senses.GetSensor(“SensorName”)).Range;

dhageuk
    Participant

Hi,

Can you please explain/show to do it?

Im new to rain.

Cheers!

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  dhageuk.

dhageuk
    Participant

Found it. Just enable advanced settings :)

RyanMitchellGames
    Participant

Yes thanks for posting the solution it saved me quite a bit of time. Any API takes time to understand a design pattern.

Thanks!

RyanMitchellGames
    Participant

I might add to this for others.. I would set this after instantiating a prefab and adding it as a child… after that the defaults were restored and my settings gone. So I had to do this at a later start in my procedure. Just an FYI that could save others time. Not sure I have it in the right place still but it is currently working…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.