News Forums Sentio Characters General Discussion and Troubleshooting Sentio Warlord using Unity5 issue?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  prime 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

QUEdotCOM
    Participant

When I add Sentio Warlord in Unity5, it does nothing (only idle).
    What I’m missing here?
    Did anyone having the same issue using sentio character in Unity5?

Please let me know.
    EM @ KING.NET

prime
    Keymaster

Make sure you have done the Unpack All procedure from RAIN->Sentio Characters->Tools. Any errors or warnings in the console?

QUEdotCOM
    Participant

I imported RAIN from Unity Asset Store.

I don’t see error warnings in the console. I

prime
    Keymaster

Check a couple of things please. Check that the RAIN UI appears on the character in the Inspector view when you click on the AI sub-object. If it doesn’t you may still need to unpack.

If it does, click the gear icon on the RAIN AI component and switch to Show Advanced Settings. The look that the AI Mind (the first AI subtab). Make sure the behavior tree field is not empty. If it is, just drag and drop the behavior tree asset from the AI/Behavior Trees folder onto that field.

LMK if either of those were the issue.

radiant
    Participant

I had the same issue, behaviour tree was empty, assigned warlord main and its working great now!! Thanks Prime, this is gonna be fun

EDIT: He follows me and it’s awesome! Pretty damn nice character and well animated, love the attacking with the ball and chain, bad ass stuff!! Sounds too, and the different patrolling etc, it all works so well so far, Ive yet to experience this with any AI apart from Squad Commander, so Im very excited.

I get some errors when he swings at me about damage (presuming it is a call to hurt player, Im using UFPS so prob doesnt work).. and then he stops being aware of me and goes about his day. Why is this happening? Does he think he has killed me ? Whats the best way to hook this stuff up to UFPS logic, so he continues attacking me etc?

Amazing work guys, only thing Im worried about now is that everyone is going to have the same models in their game lol, Im gonna try customise him to beyond recognition now :)

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  radiant.

darkeccho
    Participant

hey radiant did you ever get UFPS damage to work for you? Trying to accomplish the same thing.

QUEdotCOM
    Participant

@Prime

I’m still having issue. I think I got it unpack correctly.
    The Default Behavior is Patrol
    Mind is using BasicMind
    Behavior Tree Asset is WarloarMain

When I play, the DarkWarlord is not moving, doing nothing.
    What I’m missing here?

Thank you,
    EM @ KING.NET

prime
    Keymaster

EM - What sort of scene is the character in? A blank scene with flat terrain/surface? Interior? Hilly terrain?

When the DW starts up in Patrol mode he attempts to create a path. If you have a navmesh, he’ll use that. If not, he attempts to use raycasting to create one - this can fail if there are lots of obstacles or hilly terrain.

You can also open up the BT editor with DW selected and see what’s going on there.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.