News Forums Sentio Characters General Discussion and Troubleshooting Sentio Necro Blind to Player

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  darkeccho 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Zaxius
    Participant

Hi guys I just started using Rain and the Sentio characters so forgive me if I ask some basic questions.

I was playing around with the rain tutorials before I bought the Sentio Necromancer. I was able to get one of my other characters to detect my player and attack me just fine following the tutorials.

My problem is when I dropped the newly bought Necromancer in my scene, he did not detect my player at all. I did do the unpack procedure, he does roam about my scene wandering around. But is completely oblivious to the player. Does not detect him at all. I assume perhaps the detect variable needs some tweaking? Or is there something else I am missing? I have a navmesh in the scene. Tried removing it and same thing. The necro simply does not detect me at all. Anyone give me some advice on what is going wrong please?

I also notice when I try to shoot him I get an error in the console saying

MissingMethodException: The best match for method Damage has some invalid parameter.
    System.MonoType.InvokeMember (System.String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object target, System.Object[] args, System.Reflection.ParameterModifier[] modifiers, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, System.String[] namedParameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/MonoType.cs:520)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMember (System.Object behaviour, System.String name, System.Object variable) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Coroutines.cs:18)
    UnityEngine.Component:SendMessageUpwards(String, Object, SendMessageOptions)
    vp_HitscanBullet:DoHit() (at Assets/UFPS/Base/Scripts/Gameplay/Combat/vp_HitscanBullet.cs:163)
    vp_HitscanBullet:Start() (at Assets/UFPS/Base/Scripts/Gameplay/Combat/vp_HitscanBullet.cs:68)

And he does not react at all to me firing at him or my presence in general.

I am using UFPS if that helps.

Any help with detection or damage issues would be greatly appreciated. Really looking forward to seeing this Necro in action!

Zaxius
    Participant

UPDATE:

Ok found the non detect problem. The player needs to be set by the Markup Creature tool in the rain menu. Now my necro detects me and fires upon me. YAY!

Now this is working it raised another question. I know I can use my VP_Damage scripts to give my necro health and my weapons will then effect his health (as far as hitting and dying go via UFPS Scripts) But it doesn’t seem to “talk” to the Necro AI Brain (to effect things like fear and such) as its not registering damage I’ve tried adding Receive damage script to necro that does nothing. Along the same lines the damage script that comes with the necro (the one we placed in the player) does register that the necro is doing damage to me. But again does not talk to the UFPS damage script. I know I should script it some how but can anyone give me advice on how to do that?

In short
    1.) I want the VP_DamageHandler script to relay its info to the Ai Damage Receiver Script in the Necromancer.
    2.) The Creature Damage Receiver script to relay its info to the VP_FPPlayerDamage Handler script in my player.

If anyone could help me with these 2 points I would be grateful. Thanks.

The lack of set up documentation is surprising considering such an advanced and wicked cool product you guys have. Hope you correct that in the future. Its not really drag and drop. Set up IS required. Not complaining just wish there was more documentation. I am all for learning but trial and error can get frustrating.

prime
    Keymaster

Just curious - did you read the getting started guide that came with the Necro? There’s a section on setting up attack behavior and another section about marking up the scene. Maybe it needs to be expanded?

I’ll look into the ufps integration issues.

Zaxius
    Participant

Actually I looked through my entire package that downloaded when I got the Necromancer and did not find this “Getting Started Guide” anywhere. Perhaps it was accidentally left out? Or if you could direct me to where that guide is located perhaps I missed it somewhere? If not could you please make it available to the community or on the website? That guide would have been a big help. :)

I did solve the detection issue as I said. I greatly appreciate the help on integrating this into UFPS. I am going to play with the scripts today to see if I can figure it out. I believe I saw a place to make it work in the script so going to attempt a little coding today. If successful Ill post my results here.

Thanks for the prompt reply. That’s great customer support and we all appreciate that for sure! So far LOVING your products. This is truly what Unity needed. You all tapped into a much needed market with scripted AI characters like these. And they do work amazingly well. VERY impressed!

prime
    Keymaster

I just checked the Asset Store package and the listing on the main Asset Store page. There is a SentioNecromancerGettingStartedGuide.pdf included, which should unpack in your Assets folder.

Thanks for the comments!

Zaxius
    Participant

Hiding in plain sight lol. Found it. Thanks again. Just a suggestion but maybe it would be easier to find if you put it in the character folder itself. I had a big project so it was hiding in plain sight. My apologies for the oversight. Good setup guide too thanks :)

darkeccho
    Participant

any luck zaxius in integrating this into UFPS? Trying to setup the same thing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.