News Forums RAIN Release Notes RAIN v 2.0.6 Patch Update Nov. 2013

This topic contains 44 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Andersen 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author

prime
    Keymaster

@kensukeShimoda - Interesting… that’s not a change that RAIN made. However, it is likely a change that Unity made when your scene was opened, scanned, and saved. I’ll go back to our updater and make sure that it does not save scenes if the updater does not make any changes, but issues like this could still occur if Unity makes changes when the scene is loaded.

kensukeShimoda
    Participant

@prime

I understood it. It is because the scene files and the prefabs have never been saved after Unity updated to 4.3. Unity just add change to the yaml files for 4.3 format.

Anyway, why does the upgrade save the file which has not any RAIN component in the first place?
    I guess it just needs to open and scan the file and when it has not found any RAIN component, it should just close the file not save.

I’ll go back to our updater and make sure that it does not save scenes if the updater does not make any changes

It may have a bug.
    Please fix the upgrade package not to save any files with no RAIN components.
    If not, I have to discern the files to be reverted from about 2000 files changed by the upgrade.
    Thank you.

Andersen
    Participant

please Help

I’ve been trying to update rain ,according to (Alert…Release notes RAIN 2.0.6 patch update) bY Jester, but it does’nt works out for me.
    please can anyone help.

when unity 3d is installed the build settings are set to windows *86 ,and ive been switching forth and back between different build settings and back to web player settings(default windows) but rain still does’nt update, when I use the update menu in rain….please help.

extaliones
    Participant

I’ve been trying to update rain ,according to (Alert…Release notes RAIN 2.0.6 patch update) bY Jester, but it does’nt works out for me.

Well i have same problem, I can’t update RAIN through menu option.
    I copied newest version of RAIN (2.0.6.2217) from newest tutorial (wander and attack tutorial 2).

Andersen
    Participant

Thanks a lot, extaliones …your help is really appreciated.

Have a nice day..

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  Andersen.

prime
    Keymaster

Please keep in mind - the RAIN updater won’t work if your build target is set to Web Player. Setting your build target to Web Player introduces cross domain policy issues that Unity does not handle correctly. You can temporarily set your build target to any other platform (PC/Mac is the safest bet), run the updater, and then switch back.

Please be careful with manually copying new versions of RAIN over older versions. There is no guarantee that this won’t break your project. (That’s why we have an updater instead of distributing through the Asset Store.)

Andersen
    Participant

Hi keymaster

I’ve also tried, what you explained…but that ,dont solve the problem.

I just hope You and your staff will find, the problem before next Rain update….

Aaron Mueller
    Participant

@Andersen,
    Alternatively, if you hadn’t tried it:

1) Back up your existing project (just in case).
    2) Delete the RAIN folder from your current project.
    3) Download the Tutorial #2 as @extaliones mentioned (Wander and Attack Tutorial #2).
    4) Open up the Tutorial Project folder.
    5) Drag the RAIN folder from this tutorial project into your Unity Editor (i.e. Unity running).

NOTE: I have not tested this, but I believe that could work. Since it is hard to diagnose what’s going on with a Unity project none of us could see.

Another option is if you could provide @jester or @prime a copy of your project, perhaps they can see what the issue is.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  Aaron Mueller.

Aaron Mueller
    Participant

@prime,
    Opened up the SoldierDemo which currently has RAIN 2.0.5.2204 in Unity Free 4.3.

Going to RAIN -> Check For Updates returns “RAIN Update: No Update Available”.

Any idea why that might be broken? Looking in my RAIN Editor folder in my project I see the following:
    /Fonts
    /ScriptTemplates
    /Shaders
    AetherUnity.dll
    LegionRestModel.dll
    RAINEditor.dll
    RAINSettings.asset
    RAINSkin.asset
    RAINUpdater.dll

I’m not certain, since it has been a while, but I had problems with this downloaded version of the Soldier Demo that you used with your Upgrading to RAIN Tutorial video. Somehow I’m missing the contents of the behavior tree and the waypoint network is gone.

Guess I’ll try again tomorrow.

prime
    Keymaster

Make sure you don’t have your build target set to Web Player.

Aaron Mueller
    Participant

@prime,
    I will double check, but would setting having the build target set to Web Player wipe out the Waypoint Network and the settings for the NavMesh, etc.?

I’ll double check when I get home, but unless the project was set to Web Player as a target when it was downloaded, I didn’t change it. At least, I don’t remember why I’d change it.

joeeee19
    Participant

Hello . There are three questions .

I’m developing in the following development environment .
    Target: IOS
    Develop PC = MAC Marvericks
    Unity 4.3.1f1
    RAIN 2.0.5.2204

I was tested in iPhone5S with Build in IOS but , RAIN did not work .
    So I was Check for Update , but it was ” No Update ” .
    Locate this community , I was changed to PC / MAC the Target , but still it was ” No Update ” .
    Why not? Is it a known problem with Unity 4.3.1 on ? (<- question 1 )

From ” WanderAndAttackTutorial1 ” RAIN2 Demo project I have ” Export Package ” the [RAIN] folder ,
    The Import Package to my project , it was in 2.0.6 2217 RAIN.
    Is not it a problem with this? ( <- question 2 )

As a result of the 2.0.6, root of animation has died of Animator Component of NPC, as the ” Apply Root Motion ” does’nt work .
    NPC has a Character Controller, I’m moving in the Character Controller mode RAIN2.
    I was moving fine in 2.0.5 .
    Are you sure you should fix of where the setting is this? ( <- Question 3 )

kaae
    Participant

I’m having trouble updating to the newest version. I have the newest version of unity, but RAIN version only says 2.0.5.2204.

http://i.imgur.com/OAg7VPA.png

prime
    Keymaster

Upgrade from 4.3 will be active shortly.

Andersen
    Participant

Great ….it updates now, Rain 2.05 to 2.06 with unity 3d 4.3

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.