News Forums RAIN General Discussion and Troubleshooting Rain Move action to face target below

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  marcfielding 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

marcfielding
    Participant

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers to get my turret working properly, essentially I have an AI on the head of the turret(which is a child of the turret itself) whilst using move it turns the entire turret rather than just the head.

Initially my question would be can I just turn the head of the turret rather than the entire thing?

Secondly FaceTarget only works on the horizontal plane if my player is lower than the turret it always shoots straight ahead rather than actually facing the lower target so any suggestions on getting it to actually point at the player?

Thanks

Marc

prime
    Keymaster

Just set the Body of the AI to the gameObject that you want to rotate (the base of the turret head).

FaceTarget works in all directions. Just make sure you set your Motor to support 3D movement.

marcfielding
    Participant

Hi Prime,

Yes I was being an idiot, just flown out to Portugal or I would have posted sooner, thanks for the reply though!

Regards

Marc

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.