Home Forums Updating to RAIN Rain fails to update

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  prime 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

milox
    Participant

So I downloaded fresh copy of Rain from the download page, imported it into my existing Unity project (which never used any Rain indie or whatever) and first thing I see is a compilation error related to ActionTemplateCS (cannot override because `RAIN.Action.RAINAction.Execute(RAIN.Core.AI)’ is not a method) so I delete that script, project compiles, and then Rain starts immediately updating itself and goes up to around 30% progress and then stops and freezes my Unity. Same thing when I restart. I’m using Unity Pro (iOS) 4.3.2 the newest one I believe. On Mac OS X Mavericks. Not a good first impression…

milox
    Participant

Seems that I fixed found the answer in another thread - seems that the problem was having another class named AI. Although it seems Rain did some pretty weird stuff in the project - I’m seeing in the console that it tried updating all the xml file in my project for some reason thinking that they were behavior trees.

prime
    Keymaster

RAIN didn’t actually update all the xml files - it just checks to see if they contain a behavior tree. It upgrades them if they do, leaves them alone otherwise.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.