News Forums RAIN General Discussion and Troubleshooting RAIN 2.1.7.2 Windows Store Universal 8.1 Fail

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sigil 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Astaror
    Participant

Hello!
    First - thank you for this amazing AI solution.
    I’m going to buy you warfare solution, but can’t while I have Windows Store Universal 8.1 compilation and runtime problems:
    1. I have 196 Reference Rewriter errors. Errors are like this:

“Reference Rewriter: Error: method `System.Reflection.Assembly System.Type::get_Assembly()` doesn’t exist in target framework. It is referenced from RAIN.dll at RAIN.Action.RAINAction RAIN.Action.RAINAction::LoadActionInstance(System.String,System.String,System.Reflection.Assembly).

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    PostProcessMetroPlayer:RunReferenceRewriter(MetroSDK, String, String, String, String) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/PostProcessMetroPlayer.cs:489)
    PostProcessMetroPlayer:PostProcessSDKSpecific(MetroSDK, BuildTarget, BuildOptions, String, String, ProjectImages) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/PostProcessMetroPlayer.cs:1007)
    PostProcessMetroPlayer:PostProcess(BuildTarget, BuildOptions, String, String, String, String) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/PostProcessMetroPlayer.cs:726)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()”

“Reference Rewriter: Error: method `System.Collections.ObjectModel.ReadOnlyCollection`1<!0> System.Collections.Generic.List`1<System.String>::AsReadOnly()` doesn’t exist in target framework. It is referenced from RAIN.dll at System.Collections.Generic.IList`1<System.String> RAIN.Navigation.NavMesh.NavMesh::get_GraphTags().

PostProcessMetroPlayer:RunReferenceRewriter(MetroSDK, String, String, String, String) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/PostProcessMetroPlayer.cs:489)
    PostProcessMetroPlayer:PostProcessSDKSpecific(MetroSDK, BuildTarget, BuildOptions, String, String, ProjectImages) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/PostProcessMetroPlayer.cs:1007)
    PostProcessMetroPlayer:PostProcess(BuildTarget, BuildOptions, String, String, String, String) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/PostProcessMetroPlayer.cs:726)

“Reference Rewriter: Error: type `System.Threading.Thread` doesn’t exist in target framework. It is referenced from RAIN.dll at System.Void RAIN.Navigation.NavMesh.NavMesh::CreateAllContours().

And many others. I can send you full log, but I think it’s obvious - RAIN.dll using many API’s that are not available in WSA 8.1.

2. After starting project regardless of these errors, i’m getting runtime errors, and nothing works

http://postimg.org/image/5vddabc6z/ - this is link, if image not working.
    I hope you are able to fix these problems in near future, cause I really want to use RAIN in current prototype.
    Thank you in advance!

• This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Astaror.

prime
    Keymaster

We’ll get back to you early next week on these issues. We’ve had a lot of problems with .NET incompatibilities between Windows Phone/Win Store and Unity.

Sigil
    Keymaster

So as of right now, the best we can do for Windows Store Apps is to tell you to build with Unity 4.3.0 (this doesn’t support the universal option unfortunately). I’m not sure what Unity is doing differently in that version, but I was able to build and run an app using RAIN with it. I assume they are including the missing functions in an assembly similar to what they did with the Windows Phone build.

Outside of that, I believe we are going to hold off until Unity 5 to fix the current incompatibility with WSA. I attempted to go through and estimate what I would need to do to fix the problems, but unfortunately they are too numerous to take on right now. This, of course, is on the assumption that Unity 5 is in the near future.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.