News Forums Troubleshooting Problem with NavMesh generation

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  prime 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

LightYarn
    Participant

Hey guys!

Since the new Version I have a huge problem with generating my navMesh. Here are two images that explain my problem pretty well. The one with the light blue navMesh ist the one Unity created.

Unity created navMesh:

RAIN created navMesh:

As you can see, RAIN doesn’t recognize the wall in the middle. The navMesh simply goes through it.
    The wall consists out of two planes and each plane has a mesh collider. Oddly enough, some other walls, which are build in the exact same way, are considered as obstacles…..but that are only some few exceptions. Most of my walls are not considered as obstacles

Any Help?
    Thank you

EDIT: I have to say, that with version 2.06 the navMesh generation worked fine.

• This topic was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by  LightYarn.

prime
    Keymaster

Is that a project you can send our way? Unsure what the problem would be - if it worked fine in 2.0.6. Maybe an issue with layers or tags?

LightYarn
    Participant

Hey prime thanks for your offer =)

I cant’t share the whole project because it is about 15GB with lots of unimportant things for this problem. But I made a clean project with just my mesh, the not working RAIN navmesh and the working one which came from Unity itself.

Here is the link: iht.rdy2play.de/iht/IHT_debug.7z

I hope this helps

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by  LightYarn.

prime
    Keymaster

Y - Thanks, found the issue (had to do with 0 width colliders). 2.0.9 patch will be out soon with the fix.

Droo
    Participant

Same problem.
    Any news about 2.0.9 update?
    Thanks.

LightYarn
    Participant

2.0.9 update is already released and fixed the problem for me :-)

Droo
    Participant

Oh, wow. I’m still on 2.0.8. Where can I get it? Autoupdate tells there are no updates.

Droo
    Participant

I got it! Installed RAIN in an empty project and updated.
    Thanks everyone. And thanks for a great Rain AI.

prime
    Keymaster

If you are having trouble receiving updates - it is possibly because your build target is set to Web Player. Unity blocks network calls (even in editor) when your target is web player.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.