News Forums Troubleshooting Look At glitching, cannot strafe!

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  DeepFriedCircuits 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

DeepFriedCircuits
    Participant

I am currently trying to implement a strafing behavior to my AI enemy. I want him to move to a position(just as a cover point) while facing something else (the player, or whatever object needed). However, when a put the position needed into the move function, and set the look at to a different position, the enemy twitches and sometimes freezes in places and jerks back and forth. I also need this to work with a waypoint network system also, and that’s resulting the same. Any suggestions on how to make this work?

Thanks in advance,
    Jacob

prime
    Keymaster

Make sure you have the face before move angle set to 360 on the Motor. Let us know if that helps.

DeepFriedCircuits
    Participant

That seemed to dramatically reduce the jitter, and it looks way better now. He does however begin to slightly glitch when he’s farther away. So maybe he should only strafe when within that range. Also, when viewed in-game and not in the inspector, it looks pretty dang smooth. I’m using a simple script that converts velocity into local velocity and outputs it to an Animator blend tree, which allows the character to animate correctly for any amount he moves. I might have to upload it somewhere for others to use. And thanks for the help prime! I’ve had times where I start to switch to a different AI system, only to realize how good this one is. :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.