This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  radiant 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

radiant
    Participant

Just grabbed this, I got into Rain through Squad commander so it might be a little different. I moved the unpacked stuff into the squad command directory, dragged in the prefab to my scene (looks awesome) and he idles, which is good. But I guess I expected him to move around or something :) So I went to check for the Rain stuff but there appears to be no way to configure him, his “AI” object contains a RAIN metaform component, but not the RAIN UI as usual. After reading the docs I see I also dont have a “sentio characters” menu at all. Thoughts? Im using Unity5 beta which could well be the issue.

SantaDiego
    Participant

unity 5->new project
    import warlord
    import rain ( errors)
    unpack sentio chars
    drop warlord in scene
    run.. ( only idle animation works)
    npc’s do move, but no animations
    can not set wander , home base etc.
    note: rain is not compatible with unity 5 ( yet )
    since unity 5 is 64 bit and the dll’s are still 32 bit ( just guessing )
    I don’t have squad commander to test, sorry

prime
    Keymaster

Hey there @radiant -

Take a look at the Getting Started Guide that came with the asset. It will help get you going quickly. You will need the very latest version of RAIN in order to use the character - version 2.1.8. Prior versions don’t have the ability to unpack the character into a usable form.

@SantaDiego -

We do have a version of RAIN that works with Unity 5. Send an email to support@rivaltheory.com to request a version if you need it.

radiant
    Participant

Where is the getting started guide, I cannot find it anywhere.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  radiant.

prime
    Keymaster

The getting started guide imports into your root Assets folder. It should be SentioGettingStartedGuide.pdf.

radiant
    Participant

Its not there, can you put it online or something ?
    Very weird it looks like its going to be in the package, but I guarantee if you get the package, its not there.

radiant
    Participant

OK it comes down in a fresh project :)

radiant
    Participant

OK Still no RAIN GUI, I followed the guide perfectly. I tried in my project and also in a fresh project, whats going wrong here. I tried Rain from asset store and rain for u5 from your download page, neither work for me.

EDIT: re-did it all, and it worked on a fresh scene with u5. In my project I find that unpack sentio characters often just hangs Unity.

radiant
    Participant

OK so I got him in and a navmesh, but he still just idles, he is not part of the nav mesh.

radiant
    Participant

Fixed by setting AI (gameobject)->Settings Advanced (using cog) -> Behaviour Tree Asset (select WarloadMain), I now love Sentio.

radiant
    Participant

OK so I tried to get the squad commander stuff going with sentio once again, not a good idea, somehow I ended up wrecking my project and unity is crashing on each hit of play. Im going to backups now from 2 days ago. Could you tell me exactly what “unpack all sentio characters” actually does so I can mimic it ? The main issue I have always had is that it never completes doing the unpack, it hangs unity, so I am trying to do it in an other project and copying the files over, this has messed up some internal guiid and wasnt fixed even after a 36 hour reimport of everything. To cut a long story short unpack all sentio characters always crashes on my project (no idea why), if you could make this available as a custom package (or if its simple to do using windows somehow) please let me know. Im going made just to do that simple stage. Thanks!

radiant
    Participant

After many hours of fighting I have the guy working once more, but he doesnt animate, just glides along, any thoughts on why this happens? Im going up and down with these Sentio guys, but really its only because I wanted it to work with the SquadCommander one. Would still love to know how to unpack the sentio dudes, I went for a walk for 40 mins and came back was still spinning the progress wheel, had to kill unity.

prime
    Keymaster

Not sure what the issue would be. I’d probably start by making sure you have a working Squad Command using RAIN 2.1.10, then try importing the Sentio Character (make sure you have the very latest version from the Asset Store). As I think you mentioned in another forum post, the attacking works different between the two, so don’t expect soldiers to be fighting Orc Kings out of the box.

Let us know if you continue to have trouble with it.

radiant
    Participant

All working again now, Ive completely given up on mixing the 2 :-) I will just keep buying as much sentio stuff as you throw at me and using them :)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.