News Forums RAIN General Discussion and Troubleshooting Frame Selected isn't working

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  prime 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

crazydadz
    Participant

Hi guys,

first of all, really nice works! Good job and thanks a lot!

I’m not sure if I’m the only one, but the Frame Selected on selected waypoints isn’t working (really really small issue). Maybe that feature isn’t implemented yet or maybe that is because I’m on my PC with unity 4.6.1. I’ll check it back at the job on my Mac.

If the feature isn’t implemented yet, for one of my tool I found two easy functions that wasn’t documented.

private Bounds OnGetFrameBounds()
            {
                Bounds bounds = ...;
                return (bounds);
            }
            private bool HasFrameBounds()
            {
                return (true);
            }

Just implemented these in your waypoint route editor script and calculate the bounds! Special thanks to Dantus in unity community

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/define-the-point-to-focus-f-on-from-script.254675/#post-1684735

Also, shortcuts with CTRL (^w) isn’t working. Maybe you should implemented the COMMAND modifiers :)

Thanks a lot again and keep up your nice works!
    David

• This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  crazydadz.

prime
    Keymaster

Framing in RAIN is implemented and generally working. There is an issue with Unity (a Unity bug) where framing while the cursor is NOT over the editor window breaks. However, hovering the mouse back in the editor window regularly works.

I went ahead and tested this in a couple of scenes across both Unity 4.5 and Unity 4.6 to verify it is working.

Caveat - I tested on Win PC. I’ll go back and test on Mac in a short while and let you know.

prime
    Keymaster

Just tested on Mac. Framing is working. Ctrl-W is working (Command-W is not).

crazydadz
    Participant

Thanks a lot for the quick response. For the CTRL-W on the MAC…my bad that is because I’m using a windows keyboard with an app rekeying some keyboard keys! Sorry, I didnt think of it, my mistake! For the FrameSelected on PC, I’ll check if my mouse is on the right editor window and give you some news really soon!

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  crazydadz.

crazydadz
    Participant

Ok, I just tested it in a new empty project (to be sure it wasn’t one my editor script that was generating the bug) with the last release version of Rain and the FrameSelected isn’t working either. Instead of “framing” the selected waypoints, it is “framing” the WaypointRoute gameObject position (normally the Vector3.zero)? Is it the way it works? I’m using Unity 4.6.1f1. Am I doing it the right way? Selecting the waypoint, pressing F key?

Thank you for your time!
    David

prime
    Keymaster

Hey David -

I recreated another scene from scratch and I am now able to reproduce the issue. I’ll forward it along and see if we can get it fixed in an upcoming build.

Thanks

crazydadz
    Participant

Good! With some of my scripts, I know that the Event.current.type is reacting weird (if you are using it). That is why I found a new way to implement the FrameSelected as I posted above.

Have a nice day!
    David

prime
    Keymaster

Turns out we had a few different issues here that we hadn’t noticed, including some that were worse on Mac. We’ve gone through and updated a lot of the selection code to fix the issue and will be posting the changes in an upcoming 2.1.7.1 build. Thanks again for bringing it up.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.