News Forums RAIN General Discussion and Troubleshooting Dynamic obstacles?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  bigdaddio 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

darkhog
    Participant

How do I do those? Specifically I want to know so enemies and other AI- controlled stuff won’t go through each other (nor player) and also I need to be able to make/fix “holes” in navmesh on demand as user action could affect level, e.g. open path that wasn’t previously available or close a corridor - I need to make AI entities aware of that change.

Sigil
    Keymaster

Currently our Navigation Mesh doesn’t support dynamic obstacles. We have another thread around here for using the Unity Navigation Mesh with RAIN that will allow you to take into account obstacles.

darkhog
    Participant

Except you can’t generate Unity NavMesh at runtime (from what I’ve read), which is another requirement for my project.

Sigil
    Keymaster

This does seem to be a reason people keep coming to RAIN (the runtime Navigation Mesh generation that is). I am currently working on both obstacles and connections (kind of like the opposite of an obstacle), but there is no guarantee on when that will be ready. I will post out on the forums when I have a beta ready for testing though. I will attempt to head through the threads and mention it in anything relevant as well.

bigdaddio
    Participant

STFU, stop, you cannot generate a navmesh at runtime?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.