News Forums Sample Projects, How To’s, and Code Samples Divide and Conquer Behavior

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  CodersExpo 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

CodersExpo
    Participant

I’ve seen posts where folks are having a hard time managing behavior trees as they get larger. Good thing RAIN provides us with the tools to overcome this challenge or at the very least relieve us from having to face the beast in one battle!

If you haven’t discovered Tree Bindings you’re missing out. Be sure to add the Tree Bindings node in your behavior tree and define another BTAsset you want to run. Check out Tree Binding Node in the wiki for more detail.

If you are well aware of tree bindings, go to my latest wiki installment on Custom Mind for a look at an alternate way to manage multiple BTAssets.

As usual let me know if something does not make sense or if you want me to add anything. I’ll have a project sample for download very soon.

• This topic was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  CodersExpo.
    • This topic was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  CodersExpo.

CodersExpo
    Participant

Note, if you download the Custom Mind project example, open the Walk BTAsset and set the Selector node to repeat forever. This way, if you move out of range the character will keep trying to walk to you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.