News Forums Sample Projects, How To’s, and Code Samples Custom Classes Missing GUI exposed Properties

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  CodersExpo 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

CodersExpo
    Participant

Prime,
    I’ve been creating custom implementations of several RAIN elements just fine when I inherit from the basic implementations. However, when I actually derive a class from the RAIN base class certain items disappear from the GUI AIRig in the inspector.

For example, if I create a class like
    [RAINSerializableClass]
    public class CustomMemory : RAINMemory
    …and I implement all required abstract members, I don’t see the list of variable data types listed in the AIRig Memory panel. Do I have to register the custom class with the AI somehow?

Sigil
    Keymaster

The editor that displays the variables and what not is actually the editor for BasicMemory, if you inherit from that instead you will get the variables. Same goes for the other AI elements when they have advanced features.

We may change this so that the AI element editors work on the abstract classes (if I’m not overlooking something that will make that impossible) but I’m not positive.

CodersExpo
    Participant

Sure I can see using interfaces with AI element editors rather than explicit implementations. I’ve been deriving my custom classes from the ‘Basic’ implementations. I agree that works perfect. I also can’t see why anyone would really need to derive from the base class, but I needed to test this out to provide accurate information in the wiki. So I will update the wiki to encourage people to use ‘Basic’ implementations. Thanks again Sigil!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.