News Forums RAIN Sample Projects, How To, and Code Behavior Tree example requests

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  prime 11 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

prime
    Keymaster

This post should be used as a place to request samples of behavior trees. If there’s a particular behavior you don’t know how to do on your own or think would be really interesting, go ahead and request it here. I won’t be providing the samples as replies directly (I would reply elsewhere). I’m just looking for a single place to keep track of the requests.

redhawk
    Participant

I know this probably isn’t BT, but I would really like to understand how to use multiple smaller NavMesh agents over a larger terrain area so that I can set up a NavMesh group only in the navigatable areas of my island without killing performance or making my machine crash.

CodersExpo
    Participant

I would be interested to see a simple example that uses the Priority node. Also, is there a way to add weight to or prioritize a waypoint?

CodersExpo
    Participant

Just to clarify the question on “waypoint” prioritization. For example, if I have AI that use waypoints to control a repetitive type of behavior: Get up from bed >> go to stove >> work outside >> etc…but, if it RAINS (pun intended) don’t go to the node outside and spend more time on the couch. 😉

It would be great to be able to do this without having to use multiple waypoint sets or code (setting and removing navigation targets or evaluating the waypoint indexs to skip). If there was a way to set waypoint priority using Memory variables, Node properties or conditions that would be cool. Maybe this is more of an enhancement request. Just a thought.

HiddEnigma
    Participant

Can’t you do that using constraints, and then simply using another route instead of prioritizing individual nodes?

CodersExpo
    Participant

I know I could load another path route and maybe that’s really the best way. I was just wondering if there was a way to set a priority on nodes so under a certain condition/evaluations, I could tell the AI what node to go to or skip.

I could easily do this in code too. Just thought it would be cool to have a property in the Waypoint rig waypoints to enter a condition variable setting. You know…this might be a candidate for a custom waypoint and just call AddWayPointAtLocation on the navigation WaypointSet passing in my custom waypoint. 😉

I wonder if there’s a way to display a set of my own custom waypoints in the Waypoint Rig? hmmmmm

Jester
    Keymaster

Hello Everyone!

Thank you for all your suggestions and keep them coming!

One Note:
    I think this thread has become a bit too general and unorganized. I’m going to move a few relevant posts over to their own thread so they can be more visible- and close this thread down. I think in the future if we want to have a conversation about the type of behavior tree examples we want that’s fine, but put actual requests in their own separate Sample Projects, How Tos, and Code Samples.

One suggestion for the title could be:

“Behavior Tree example requests: Short description of wanted behavior” using the Behavior Tree example requests as tags so community members can easily find them.

Let me know what you think!

Best,
    Jester

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.