News Forums RAIN Release Notes RAIN v 2.1.3 Patch Update Sep.5, 2014

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Almuva 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

prime
    Keymaster

- Fixed an issue in the updater, which was no longer able to connect to RAIN servers. If you are having trouble updating from prior versions of RAIN, please manually download and install RAIN from rivaltheory.com/rain/download and import the package into your project directly.

- TurnAngle is now a public property in the Mecanim Motor.

Almuva
    Participant

Hello!
    I’ve just registered in the forums, but I’ve been using RAIN for a couple of months, and it’s awesome!! Great work guys!!

I’m posting to notify a bug in RAIN 2.1.3 (at least I think it is a bug, because it didn’t happen in 2.0.11).

The fact is that now the representation of the visual sensors in the scene view doesn’t fit exactly with the real angles.
    Let me explain: I use a visual sensor in my AI with h. angle of 40º and v. angle of 30º. Until now (2.0.11) it worked perfectly, but with RAIN 2.1.3 the AI doesn’t see the player anymore with that cone. After testing (very hard) I’ve found that increasing the h. angle up to 44º the AI began to see the player, although not with all the cone, but only with a shorter horizontal angle of it (maybe 20 degrees). As I add h. angle the error margin in the sides of the cone shrinks. Now, if I want the AI to have a visual range like it had before, I have to increase the h.angle up to 55º. Is it a known bug?

Excuse me if I don’t explain myself properly, as I’m not english.
    I can upload some images if you need more detail.

Thanks!

prime
    Keymaster

Can you send us a sample scene demonstrating the issue?

Almuva
    Participant

Hello,
    Sorry for not replying until now. I’ve been testing even harder, since I found strange that this only happened to me, and I’m a little bit confused with the results. I don’t really understand how the vision works, I suppose.
    I prepared a scene with the most simplified scenario with my problem… but where do I send it?
    (Sorry for the noobness)

prime
    Keymaster

We’ve found and fixed the issue. Thanks for letting us know about it. Fix will be in the next patch (2.1.4)

Almuva
    Participant

Glad to help!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.