News Forums RAIN General Discussion and Troubleshooting AI Entity stops moving after finding valid path

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sigil 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Riscvul
    Participant

Hello,

I have been experimenting around with RAIN AI for a while now. I created a very simple chasing AI behaviour and then set it aside while I worked on other things. When I came back to it and copied my enemy it no longer worked.

It calculates a path but doesn’t follow it. It seems like it gets stuck each time it tries to cross one of the navigation mesh polygons. If I toggle on and off the Allow 3D Movement box it will continue to move most of the time, otherwise it doesn’t do anything.

It also no longer rotates to face my player. I am really confused as to what I broke, but even placing a new behaviour tree (The one from the tutorial video) does nothing to fix it. It still cannot navigate the mesh.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I was really starting to like this solution but now I’m on the verge of chucking it out.

Behaviour Tree and visual of path Issues

• This topic was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Riscvul.

Sigil
    Keymaster

Is it possible root motion got turned on and the model isn’t actually using root motion? That has caused a similar issue in the past.

Riscvul
    Participant

Isn’t root motion tied to having an animator? These are basic shapes with no animator or really much of anything on them besides a collider and kinematic rigidbody.

Sigil
    Keymaster

OK, well thinking about what would cause the AI to have a path but not follow it… what version of RAIN are you on, the latest one? Assuming its the latest version are there any errors in the console? There is one particular bug that shows up sometimes, spams a message “Root Rotation is Zero” or similar. That one stops the AI in its tracks.

If its none of these, try creating a new AI and use the same tree (you’d have to add the sensors and what not). Nothing you are doing seems incorrect.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.