Tagged: 

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sigil 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Sigil
    Keymaster

Got your email, and I’m looking into it to see if we can optimize even more. I’m not positive, but my best indication from your screen shot is that the spikes you are seeing are garbage collection.

We’re removing more and more allocations as we can, but the reality of using a managed language (like CSharp or UnityScript) and a complicated engine like RAIN is that there will be garbage collection. On the other hand Unity’s IL2CPP is supposedly going to help this out a lot if not remove the problem altogether.

Nonetheless, still looking into it.

learner2unity5
    Participant

Yes, that is what I thought from my screen shot, garbage collection…

Will wait for your response eagerly….

By the way do appreciate your efforts…

learner2unity5
    Participant

Guys…you still there?

Sigil
    Keymaster

Yes, still here. Sorry, I meant to post something Friday but ran out of time.

I am testing something right now and may have a build of RAIN for you to try out later today.

learner2unity5
    Participant

Ok, lets see what we have…

Sigil
    Keymaster

Send me an email directly and I’ll get you a build to try out. There are still a couple more changes to make, but I’ve gotten too busy, so let’s start working with what we have. sigil@rivaltheory.com

learner2unity5
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the build, but it was actually worse than the original copy in the sense that the lag now has turned into frozen gameplay

Sigil
    Keymaster

Yes there were some bugs in it, seems I messed up a couple of the optimizations and missed them. I will get you a new one in a bit, but let’s continue this discussion on email instead.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.