News Forums RAIN General Discussion and Troubleshooting Simple Patrol and Detect Tutorial

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  tgraupmann 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Boostybleep
    Participant

Having download and started using Rain AI, I felt compelled to do a tutorial for absolute beginners like myself. The tutorial is probably the most basic behaviour tree imaginable but I would have loved to have this as a getting started point.

Hope this is of some use to new users of Rain AI.

Part 1

Part 2

• This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Boostybleep.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Boostybleep. Reason: Cant get the links to work

prime
    Keymaster

Thanks! I’ve made this sticky for a while. At some point I’ll move it into the Sample Projects,How To, and Code category.

Mitica
    Participant

I am trying to watch this, but the video quality is awful and the audio is not intelligible.

stryan
    Participant

I was so hopeful for this tutorial because I’ve viewed others and I just can’t get even the most basic functionality to work. The most important part starts at about 12:25, but I can’t see what you are typing in. I haven’t been able to make any progress with this yet.

prime
    Keymaster

@boostybleep - do you have a higher quality version of the video?

Mad_Mark
    Participant

This video needs serious make-over.
    If I understood what to do with RAIN, I would gladly offer to redo this for you.
    Throw me a fish, and I will feed all day.
    Throw me a rod so that I can teach others to fish…

Mark

Draco18s
    Participant

I managed to follow this, the only problem I had was declaring which patrol route the AI would follow. He says “in brackets we put Route 1.”

That is, in the field, type: “Route 1” *including the quotation marks.*

I couldn’t get my model to animate, but I suspect that has to do with the standard asset Ethan model’s animations not being properly set up prior to trying to link it with Rain (the animator shows no states when selecting it in the Rain AI inspector).

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Draco18s. Reason: tag doesn't (CSS effectively removes italics)

Eczodo
    Participant

Hello would like to know if anyone can help me with what the writes to the minute 15:45 since it is the only thing that I need to finish the tutorial, in general this excellent, and I understand very well everything only I need that which I cannot read by the lack of resolution thank you if someone can help me

KingLlama
    Participant

Its very hard to understand due to your microphone.

tgraupmann
    Participant

I made a similar tutorial as an intro to more advanced things coming down the pipe.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  tgraupmann.

tgraupmann
    Participant

And a part two if you want to use Mixamo characters in your waypoint route.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.