News Forums RAIN General Discussion and Troubleshooting Showing Visual Sensor in Game Scene

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  devravenio 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

devravenio
    Participant

hello.
    Though I was responded that RAIN couldn’t show sensor in game scene at last post
    I am trying to show custom visual sensor in game scene.

in my game, npc has a wide variety of sensor’s range,horizontalAngle.
    i’ll make its custom renders.
    could you have any advices or suggestions for my doing this?

i want to do it like this.
    “showing visual sensor”

• This topic was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  devravenio.
    • This topic was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  Sigil. Reason: fixed link

Sigil
    Keymaster

Well, for what it’s worth, you’d probably be better off posting at the Unity forums for a general question like this, but I’ll tell you what I think they did anyhow.

From looking at the screenshot, they are using a piece of geometry that is flat and circular, with the triangles shaped like a pie, and likely something like cylinders on the edges to give it a rounder feel. You’d have to make something like that in Maya, 3DS Max, or Blender as it’d be a bit difficult to fake in Unity. It could be done with direct GL rendering, but again that is a little difficult, and a little bit slower as well. The coloring is likely a texture using the emission channel on the shader, or something similar.

devravenio
    Participant

i just made half-transparent sphere mesh.
    I was wondering that VisualSensor.Range value have the same scales in Unity world.
    it’s perfectly same.
    so it’s not difficult to make it.

thanks for your support and RAIN AI.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.