News Forums RAIN Sample Projects, How To, and Code Sample Project: RAIN Attack Harness

This topic contains 16 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Crimson_Flare 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Jester
    Keymaster

Hello Community!

Here is a sample project we get a lot of requests for. “How do I make my AI NOT attack in a straight line?”. To achieve this we use an Attack Harness which limits the amount of AI that can attack you at one time. No two AI can be in the same position at the same time and the AI picks the closest available position to attack even if the player is moving.

Play around with the distances and the amount of AI positions. If you have any questions, let us know!

Share this thread for others to download!

RAIN Attack Harness

Best,
    Jester

EDIT: A new version of the Attack Harness has been uploaded. Click on the link above to download it.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  Jester.

sundayhd
    Participant

Thanks!!

kodmistrz
    Participant

Great work! Thanks Unfortunately I have a little issue. Enemies are trying move outside the NavMesh but they can’t… Example on screen: http://s22.postimg.org/41w9ewlvl/issue.jpg

Please help me.

Regards,
    Patrick

kodmistrz
    Participant

Another one:

deleaiye
    Participant

Jester I hate to be a bother but I have been trying to convert the scripts in the sample to unityscript and wonder if me replacing “out int attackslot” in the method “OccupyClosestAttackSlot” in class “AttackHarness” with just “attackSlot: int” will break anything.

prime
    Keymaster

@kodmistrz - we’ll be posting a new version later today with a small change that will correctly release attack slots when off the mesh.

@deleaiye - I’m not a unityscript expert. Maybe someone else here knows how to use out params in unity script?

CodersExpo
    Participant

If you define your function in JS/US, it cannot utilize ByRef parameters. However, if your function is defined in C#, you can call it from JS/US with Out parameters that are ByRef.

Jester
    Keymaster

A new version has been posted, please click on the original link above to download version 2

CodersExpo
    Participant

Very cool! Nice work on this guys. Works awesome even as you drag pillar (enemy) around it all updates.

Jester
    Keymaster

Thanks CodersExpo! Let us know any feedback you have.

Best,
    Jester

deleaiye
    Participant

I just realised that I can use both C# and unityscript scripts in the behaviour tree. Which means I don’t need to convert the scripts to unityscript.That’s awesome.

redhawk
    Participant

Lucky. I can’t use Playmaker in the behaviour tree. I still have to do the C# scripting.

kodmistrz
    Participant

I have a little issue with this sample project. My AIs have problem with collision each other. Sometimes when they enter collision, they start flying in the air…

Example on the screen:

Please help me.

Jester
    Keymaster

kodmistrz,

Are you using a character controller? If so maybe the step offset is allowing them to walk over each other. Maybe add some colliders specific to AI to AI collisions to keep them from walking on each other. Try that and see if that helps!

Best,
    Jester

kodmistrz
    Participant

Hi Jester,
    I’m using capsule collider as in sample project. I have many issuses. I attached video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAuKrVXWVco You can see it. Thank you for your reply.

Regards,
    Patrick

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.