News Forums RAIN General Discussion and Troubleshooting RAIN 2.1.7.2 Windows Store Universal 8.1 Fail

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  christougher 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Astaror
    Participant

Hello!
    First - thank you for this amazing AI solution.
    I’m going to buy you warfare solution, but can’t while I have Windows Store Universal 8.1 compilation and runtime problems:
    1. I have 196 Reference Rewriter errors. Errors are like this:

“Reference Rewriter: Error: method `System.Reflection.Assembly System.Type::get_Assembly()` doesn’t exist in target framework. It is referenced from RAIN.dll at RAIN.Action.RAINAction RAIN.Action.RAINAction::LoadActionInstance(System.String,System.String,System.Reflection.Assembly).

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    PostProcessMetroPlayer:RunReferenceRewriter(MetroSDK, String, String, String, String) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/PostProcessMetroPlayer.cs:489)
    PostProcessMetroPlayer:PostProcessSDKSpecific(MetroSDK, BuildTarget, BuildOptions, String, String, ProjectImages) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/PostProcessMetroPlayer.cs:1007)
    PostProcessMetroPlayer:PostProcess(BuildTarget, BuildOptions, String, String, String, String) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/PostProcessMetroPlayer.cs:726)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()”

“Reference Rewriter: Error: method `System.Collections.ObjectModel.ReadOnlyCollection`1<!0> System.Collections.Generic.List`1<System.String>::AsReadOnly()` doesn’t exist in target framework. It is referenced from RAIN.dll at System.Collections.Generic.IList`1<System.String> RAIN.Navigation.NavMesh.NavMesh::get_GraphTags().

PostProcessMetroPlayer:RunReferenceRewriter(MetroSDK, String, String, String, String) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/PostProcessMetroPlayer.cs:489)
    PostProcessMetroPlayer:PostProcessSDKSpecific(MetroSDK, BuildTarget, BuildOptions, String, String, ProjectImages) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/PostProcessMetroPlayer.cs:1007)
    PostProcessMetroPlayer:PostProcess(BuildTarget, BuildOptions, String, String, String, String) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/PostProcessMetroPlayer.cs:726)

“Reference Rewriter: Error: type `System.Threading.Thread` doesn’t exist in target framework. It is referenced from RAIN.dll at System.Void RAIN.Navigation.NavMesh.NavMesh::CreateAllContours().

And many others. I can send you full log, but I think it’s obvious - RAIN.dll using many API’s that are not available in WSA 8.1.

2. After starting project regardless of these errors, i’m getting runtime errors, and nothing works

http://postimg.org/image/5vddabc6z/ - this is link, if image not working.
    I hope you are able to fix these problems in near future, cause I really want to use RAIN in current prototype.
    Thank you in advance!

• This topic was modified 2 years ago by  Astaror.

prime
    Keymaster

We’ll get back to you early next week on these issues. We’ve had a lot of problems with .NET incompatibilities between Windows Phone/Win Store and Unity.

Sigil
    Keymaster

So as of right now, the best we can do for Windows Store Apps is to tell you to build with Unity 4.3.0 (this doesn’t support the universal option unfortunately). I’m not sure what Unity is doing differently in that version, but I was able to build and run an app using RAIN with it. I assume they are including the missing functions in an assembly similar to what they did with the Windows Phone build.

Outside of that, I believe we are going to hold off until Unity 5 to fix the current incompatibility with WSA. I attempted to go through and estimate what I would need to do to fix the problems, but unfortunately they are too numerous to take on right now. This, of course, is on the assumption that Unity 5 is in the near future.

Astaror
    Participant

So, Unity 5 is out, but RAIN still doesn’t support Windows Store Universal 8.1. Any chance to get it fixed in near future?

prime
    Keymaster

We’ll review the issues again and let you know. This is generally a problem with misc. Windows/Win-Mobile builds supporting a different set of .NET libraries vs. the rest of Unity.

smithlee2015
    Participant

So is it impossible at the minute to build a Windows Store App using RAIN on Unity 4.6?
    I tried to build my game for 8, 8.1 and universal but i get the same errors as the original poster
    The Visual Studio solution lets me run the game and everything works but the player and enemies using RAIN are static and red lines of code appear on screen

Is there any kind of workaround? I tried using Unity 4.3 but many elements of my game require a higher version

Sigil
    Keymaster

I will take a look at this today. I’m not sure there will be any workaround with the current version of RAIN though, most likely we will have to rewrite portions of RAIN to allow for use with .NET Core, which is where a lot of the issues are coming from.

Williamjhagen
    Participant

Has there been any fixes for this? Unity 5 is out, and this problem is still occurring, it seems.

Specifics:
    Building for Hololens (Requires Windows Store Universal)
    Unity Version: 5.4
    Latest Rain version

Edit:
    Building under Windows Store Universal 10

christougher
    Participant

Nope, I’m bummed, I was hoping to deploy to Windows store applications but unless source is released and the community rewrites the code incompatible with Windows store apps we’re out of luck.

christougher
    Participant

Sooooo, no solution for Windows 8.1 but on Windows 10 WSA I was able to build just find using the IL2CPP scripting backend. (Build Settings— player settings —other settings—- scripting backend) More Testing needed but RAIN can be built on for W10 WSA. It’s on!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.