This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  prime 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

bigfiregames
    Participant

Hi all,

A little bit of context…..

I’ve been using Unity for around 18 months now so I’m no expert.
    I’ve been using RAIN for around a week so I’m a complete novice.

I have a scene with a navmesh I generated using RAIN.
    It looks like this…

http://picpaste.com/scenetemp-egssvTOp.png

I can make my AI dude walk around the bottom floor ok but I really need him to use the stairs too.
    The two sets of stairs are a single mesh each and are on the default layer at the moment.
    Is there any way I can force them to be included in the nav mesh?
    The colider leading up the actual steps is a slope. I’ve tried playing with the navmesh generation settings for slope but I can;t get them to be included in the navmesh.

Thanks for any help and if I left anything out please ask.

/Paul.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  bigfiregames.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  bigfiregames. Reason: image won't show

prime
    Keymaster

Shouldn’t be a problem getting up the stairs generally. Since there is zero navmesh visualization on the stairs in your pic, there’s something making the navmesh system think the stairs are completely unwalkable. Maybe the collider on the stairs is not included in a walkable layer? Not sure.

If you want us to take a look at the scene, we’d be happy to. Just send us a copy of the project (or a shareable version that demonstrates the problem.)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.