This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  EDarkness 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Ibrahim
    Participant

Hello there,

I have already a Baked NavMesh for my level. It is done with Unity not with RainAI. Can I use it for Waypoint routes or I have to generate a navmesh using RAIN?

While the old NavMesh still exist, I generated a small navMesh using RAIN, and followed a simple tutorial to make the AI move in Waypoint route. But it did not move at all. Any idea why?

Last; My level contains streets “that are only walk-able”, I found it very difficult to use RAIN to generate NavMesh for it. While Unity way is much easier. You just select the gameobject you need to bake!

Thanks in advance.

• This topic was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by  Ibrahim.
    • This topic was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by  Ibrahim.

Ibrahim
    Participant

Yes, you can have more than NavMesh in the same level. You can also use a NavMesh that is created by Unity in the BT to move the AI.

Resolved.

EDarkness
    Participant

How can a Navigation Mesh be generated in Unity? I have a large outside area and when trying to generate a Navigation Mesh, it takes a LONG time and crashes. I need to find a better way to do this since many of my zones are huge with lots of clutter.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by  EDarkness.

Ibrahim
    Participant

Hi EDarkness. NavMesh is a concept that Unity3d introduced for free in their engine. RAIN AI use it to generate the meshes inside their menu. For your project, you can choose whether to use the original way from Unity or the approach introduced by RAIN. From my experience: if you have simple & flat environment use RAIN AI NavMesh. But if you have a big and more complicated scene with several areas and objects then use Unity way.

Here you can find all the details about Unity NavMeshes:
    Unity NavMesh
    And this from RAIN here

EDarkness
    Participant

Heh, I feel a little embarrassed since I’ve been using Unity for a couple of years now and did not know about Navigation Meshes. Thanks for the information. I watched the tutorial and was able to get my NavMesh together for my world zone. Pretty cool stuff! Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.