News Forums RAIN General Discussion and Troubleshooting Nav Mesh and Doorways

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jeffstarr 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

p4martin
    Participant

Hi All, have not found any info on this so hoping someone can help me as quite new to RAIN. I am wondering if there is a special type of setup when creating the nav mesh as I can’t seem to get it to map doors correctly. It seems to treat the door frame as a single entity thus AI unit will not pass through the door when open. I have the frame itself set as static, and the door itself “not static”. But seems even if I just test with the door frame alone, the nav mesh still will not plot a walk zone through the door. I have dropped the walk radius to quite small .2 as the door is 1.2 unity units 1.2 meters wide.

The unity built in nav mesh plots a walkable area through the door no problem. So wondering if there is some special tip or trick I should be using that I have not yet stumbled upon.

It also seems although have not tested all as yet, that characters seem to walk through objects even with colliders on them. Walls etc. Not sure if related yet to be fully confirmed.

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated… cheers to all

prime
    Keymaster

What is your Walkable Height set to on the NavMesh? If it is too high, the NavMesh generator won’t think the AI can clear the opening. Also, check for any other colliders that may be interfering. RAIN NavMesh ignores static/non-static flags, instead using tags and layers to mark collidable/non-collidable areas.

p4martin
    Participant

Ahh ok, what are the tags and layers for collision. Are they constant or do I have to define them? Is there a link to info on this topic? Are they defined within the behaviour tree with the layer masks? Sorry total newbie.

prime
    Keymaster

The NavMeshRig editor allows you to set which layers are included/excluded. You can also set tags to be ignored, and tags to mark things as unwalkable.

When NavMesh generation happens, it looks at the layer/tag assigned to each individual collider and treats it accordingly.

p4martin
    Participant

Ok got ya, thanks…

p4martin
    Participant

Thanks for the insight guys, I have the nav mesh now plotting doorways correctly. Once I got the layers correct. Whoo hoo

jeffstarr
    Participant

Hi, try from this store site http://caldwells.com/, this is also the one I use to get some idea and service during I have a similar concern. They will help you with your needs and even provides you DIY for revit.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.