News Forums RAIN General Discussion and Troubleshooting Multiple navigation targets & Multiple AIs

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sigil 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dino000
    Participant

Hi everyone,

first of all thank you for this great product.
    I’ve been checking out RAIN and couldn’t find any information on how to make multiple AIs that each have their own Navigation Target.
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but Behavior node Move has MoveTarget. If both AIs use the same Behavior, how am I supposed to change it so that each AI has it’s own navigation target? I don’t suppose that I have to create Behavior for each AI.

Thanks.
    Dino

Sigil
    Keymaster

Instead of filling out the target with a name like “Navigation Target” or similar, use a variable name instead (one word, no spaces, no quotes).

On each AI you can click the memory tab (second tab), and add a variable to your AI. Make sure it is the same name as the behavior tree variable, and make sure it is a string type. Put the name of the navigation target here (without quotes in this case, it already knows it will be a string). Now you can change this variable per AI and get a different target.

You could also make the variable a GameObject and drop the actual Navigation Target Rig on it, and that would also work.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.