News Forums RAIN General Discussion and Troubleshooting Modifying move speed through code

Tagged: , , , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  CodersExpo 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Nakor
    Participant

Hi,

I have been trying to modify move speed through my code but I can’t seem to get it to do anything.

This is the code I have been trying to work with. I have also tried changing the default speed with no result there either.

RAIN.Core.AIRig rig = RAIN.Core.AIRig.FindRig(gameObject);
    rig.AI.Motor.Speed -= slowedByAmount;

This does nothing. Not a thing. I’m not sure why exactly, which of course is why I’m posting this

CodersExpo
    Participant

My guess is you have a Move Node with speed defined there too. This will override the default value set in the Rig. You might use a variable in the Move node “Speed” field and modify that using ai working memory instead. Let me know if you need more help with this.

Nakor
    Participant

Ah yes, I hadn’t thought of that. I will look into it and let you know how it goes. Thank you.

Nakor
    Participant

Ok that worked out well. Thanks again. For anyone who may search for this in the future I am posting the code I used to figure this out:

float curSpeed = rig.AI.WorkingMemory.GetItem<float>("enemyMoveSpeed");
    Debug.Log("_lookit Speed is now(before):  " + curSpeed);
    Debug.Log("_lookit Slowing by:  " + slowedByAmount);
    float newSpeed = curSpeed - slowedByAmount;
    rig.AI.WorkingMemory.SetItem("enemyMoveSpeed", newSpeed);
    curSpeed = rig.AI.WorkingMemory.GetItem<float>("enemyMoveSpeed");
    Debug.Log("_lookit Speed is now(after):  " + curSpeed);

CodersExpo
    Participant

Thank you for the detailed follow up. I have no doubt this will help others! Glad I could help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.