News Forums RAIN General Discussion and Troubleshooting Legacy Animation Troubles

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sigil 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Falcar121
    Participant

Hello,
    I am fairly new to RAIN, I am trying to put the animations on the AI I have. I have the animations on the AI body and in the RAIN tab. When I run the game the animations do not play at all. I have looked up tutorials on this but they all seem to skip over that part using the Pre-made “Max” AI. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you, Jack Martin

AI Body Inspector Animation Tab
    Animation RAIN Window
    Behavior Editor Walking Animation

• This topic was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  Sigil. Reason: changed images to links

Sigil
    Keymaster

Sorry for the late reply. Let me know if you still need help with this. I’ll answer assuming you still do but I realize some time has passed.

So the setup looks alright (from what I can see), but you’ll want to confirm a couple things. First make sure the animations work outside of RAIN with your model. I believe you can use the Animation window to preview them on your model, that should be enough to make sure they’ll work.

Next up is to run the behavior tree debugger. Select your AI, open the Behavior Tree Editor, make sure the drop down is on “Current AI”, and run the game. You should see it light up with colors indicating what is happening with the AI at the moment, what we would like to see is your animate nodes highlighted yellow when they are running. If they are red it means it couldn’t find the state for some reason, if it is green it means the animation finished, and yellow means it is still running.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.