News Forums RAIN General Discussion and Troubleshooting How to Make AIs Generate Nav Points around Other Moving Objects?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sigil 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Lepanto
    Participant

Hey all.

Basically, I’m making a space fighter game. To set up my AIs’ basic modes and behaviors (circle strafe, stay on enemy’s tail, etc.), I need to have them move into certain positions relative to the ship they’re targeting.

To do that, I’ve been instantiating prefab waypoint objects relative to the target object. Or at least trying to. Running into some issues there.

Long story short, what’s the best way to make a RAIN AI move into a certain position relative to another object (controlled by RAIN AI)? Both are prefab objects that are moving around a 3D plane.

Will provide more detail if asked.

Thanks a bunch!

christougher
    Participant

This is a question I’d also like to know an answer to as well. I tried and failed to spawn a waypoint network prefab around objects but ran into numerous problems. I ended up activating an orbit script (nothing to do with rain) by setting a mecanim parameter within rain once it was close enough. Hacky but got the (mediocre at best) job done…

Sigil
    Keymaster

Check out this thread for using an attack harness.

The original post for the attack harness was here but it is a pretty old project. Let me know if this works for you or not (or if you need help updating it).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.