News Forums RAIN Sample Projects, How To, and Code Example: Detailed Working Behavior Tree

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mad_Mark 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

CutAbove
    Participant

I wanted to share this to help anyone who is having difficulties getting their AI to function.

RAIN can be difficult to figure out, but worth it in the end. If there is enough interest I may help by making video tutorials for beginners and more advanced subjects. Please comment on the BT if you know why I should, or should not be doing things in this manner. This is an incomplete tree for one of many types of AI I have created. It works well in the game, but this version does not search for cover or animate that.

Large working Behaviour Tree

I appreciate ALL feedback, so please speak your mind!

Good luck.

Ibrahim
    Participant

Hi. I saw your BT and I believe that tutorials about building such a BT is what we (RAIN users) are missing. If you make a search you will find that most of the tutorials are very simple and provide only the basics of building abstracted BTs. If you could make a video tutorial or even write one I believe it will be very valuable to RAIN community.

Finally, thanks for sharing your BT.

CutAbove
    Participant

I took a look at your video on the weekend. Well done! Someone had to do it. That is exactly what I needed when I started using rain. That would have saved me a great deal of time. Excellent work!

Mad_Mark
    Participant

That is a long and complex tree. Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately, it only helps with the layout of the various nodes. It will help others who have successfully created and run simpler AI, but does little for the new folks. What is important to them is what goes on behind the node GUI. Sharing an XML file or textual representation is probably more useful. Haven’t seen the video yet of which CutAbove speaks, so maybe I am off base.

Thanks for taking the time to share. I will be coming back to it when I return to AI development in my current game.
    Mark

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.