News Forums RAIN General Discussion and Troubleshooting Character not moving properly on a 3D navmesh

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  blockcipher 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Goon Studios
    Participant

I have a character that’s supposed to move around a RAIN nav mesh in three dimensions (up and down hills, etc), but the character only wants to move in the same 2d plane it’s in now, without any sort of Y variation. I’ve turned off off-graph movement and allowed 3D movement (I’ve toggled both of those settings with no avail) and I’m still having this problem. I’ve confirmed in a debug script that the ai is using the navigation mesh I placed in the scene, though. What could be happening?

Thanks!

blockcipher
    Participant

I don’t think that is what 3D movement is intended for (think of 3D environment as one without floors, like space). You just need to make sure gravity is holding your character on the terrain or environment floor. Turn off 3d and try a Rigidbody with Gravity on, kinematic off, and frozen X, Z rotation constraints?

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  blockcipher.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.