News Forums RAIN General Discussion and Troubleshooting BT not restarting after a success/failure

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  blockcipher 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Parad0x
    Participant

My BT runs fine, does everything its supposed to do but once it returns either a success or a failure, nothing else happens. the root node and the name of the BT itself go red/green but it just freezes. Is this a bug? or is there a setting I accidentally switched somehow.

blockcipher
    Participant

What type of node controls the tree? You may need to set your Repeat to Forever or at least until success. Can you paste your BT XML here or a screenshot?

Parad0x
    Participant

https://gyazo.com/dbb9d70e63a985369eea811b6fedfb2c

It only fails after it destroys the gate, it works fine and restarts fine after destroying an enemy.

blockcipher
    Participant

Sorry I have been pretty busy. Hmmm and your action does return Success right? After the gate is destroyed? Selectors will succeed after one successful child or fail after all children fail. So if your parallel is returning a success it should work. I doubt it’s a bug … sometimes trees just need some tweaking to get right, they can be a little bit frustrating at times. Check your parallel Fail / Succeed conditions also.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  blockcipher.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  blockcipher.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.