News Forums RAIN General Discussion and Troubleshooting AI moving through walls only with sensor

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  vinceirwin 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

sundayhd
    Participant

i have a problem with moving through walls (i guess that navmesh problem or AI ignore navmesh at this time).
    the problem is occur only when visual sensor is active and somehow the AI see’s me through walls and walk
    through walls to follow me, but the navmesh is fine im sure, because with way points everything works perfect!
    with way points im telling him to walk the same positions as im walking when im the player.

Thanks for any help

Danny.

sundayhd
    Participant

i just made video to show you the problem
    maybe its will help

sundayhd
    Participant

i just found out that the problem is something with animations and mecanim.
    the animations “force” him to walk through walls

prime
    Keymaster

Are you using a Unity CharacterController?

sundayhd
    Participant

no, just capsule collider..
    and in AI motion im using “mecanim motor”
    in animation im using “mecanim animator”
    im doing something worng?

sundayhd
    Participant

i found out that if i uncheck “is kinematic” in rigidbody then the AI cant move through walls, however the problem is
    that he’s trying to walk through and he stuck on the wall with walking animation, that means that
    he still see the player through the wall and trying to follow him, and this is against navmesh.

please any ideas?

prime
    Keymaster

`Usually that happens when the AI is not actually on the NavMesh. I’m guessing the Body transform is hovering somewhere above the mesh. We’re planning some changes in our next update to help resolve that issue, but for now you probably just need to move your AI down onto the Mesh (either by lowering it directly, or by parenting it to an object that is on the mesh as explained in the basic rigging tutorial.)

sundayhd
    Participant

Thanks for you’r answer

I did almost everything thousand times but still the same problem occur..

I just know that this is mecanim + rain problem, because when im using in motion “basic animator” the problem is gone
    and everything works just perfect.

I hope that in the next update its will be fine, Thanks for everything!

prime
    Keymaster

Is that a project you can share? I’d like to take a closer look.

sundayhd
    Participant

Sure, i see that there is no private messages in this forum, can you please give me your email ?

Thanks again!

prime
    Keymaster

prime at rival theory dot com

vinceirwin
    Participant

See their instructional video guide how to fix the problem, some of your question may be available in the FAQ page.

Cheers.
    Vince of http://www.debbieirwin.com/

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.